SPAM HEAVEN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Great Discussion (Salt Brigade Edition) - Charge + JD

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Charge of the Light Brigade + Judgment Dragon should be

The Great Discussion (Salt Brigade Edition) - Charge + JD I_vote_lcap0%The Great Discussion (Salt Brigade Edition) - Charge + JD I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The Great Discussion (Salt Brigade Edition) - Charge + JD I_vote_lcap0%The Great Discussion (Salt Brigade Edition) - Charge + JD I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 0

The Great Discussion (Salt Brigade Edition) - Charge + JD Empty The Great Discussion (Salt Brigade Edition) - Charge + JD

Post by Shinji Mimura Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:51 pm

*part of The Great Discussion series*

Charge of the Light Brigade
Judgment Dragon

Charge of the Light Brigade is currently Limited (at 1) in both the TCG and OCG. Judgment Dragon is currently Unlimited (at 3) in both the TCG and OCG. Where do you feel these cards belong?

Discuss

Personal thought: Lightsworns have never really mattered until Dragon Rulers. Before Tachyon Galaxy, the last time anybody had even heard the word "Lightsworn" was when Chaos Dragons were tier 1, generally running 3 Lyla, 3 Ryko, 3 Solar Recharge and 1 Charge. Chaos Dragons, of course, have fallen by the wayside, unfortunate given that they've only really gained, as far as card advantage is concerned (2nd Sorc is an option, Kuribandit is an option, Macro-Fissure are now Limited and rarely ran anyway).

It took a while, of course, for Lightsworn Ruler to become a reality because all the variants of Rulers had been better than it for a while. It wasn't, really, until recently that Lightsworn Ruler found itself in stiff competition with Mythic Ruler, which, lately, hasn't been showing up as often as LS Ruler.

Furthermore, LS Ruler doesn't really play the same engine. While Dragon-based Rulers have had several hits, from Rejuvenation to Dragon Ravine to Debris Dragon, LS Ruler hasn't really suffered, and only served to gain from the structure deck.

In any case, there's only really two ways of looking at LS: either presupposing that DRulers will never get hit, or suggesting that DRulers should get hit.

If you're pro DRuler, then really, nothing can or should change. Charge shouldn't move up because the deck doesn't really need the consistency, nor should Judgment Dragon fall because the deck isn't performing nearly as well as the decks above it.

If you're anti-DRuler, then Charge could go up since Puresworn hasn't been a thing in many, many years (and no, the structure deck doesn't magically change that, as evidenced by the fact that nobody is playing Puresworn currently).

I'm anti DRuler, and would like to actually see Puresworn be a deck that feasibly matters.

Charge to 2

JD to 3

Judgment Dragon cannot get hit, because then there is no deck. LS Ruler or Puresworn, Judgment Dragon going to 1 or 0 means there's literally no way the deck can compete at all.

If you're going to limit JD, you might as well limit other boss mons like Grapha, Hyperion, Gantala, and so on. Sure, you could still play Dark World/Agents/Ice Barriers, but they'd be EVEN WORSE than they already are.
Shinji Mimura
Shinji Mimura

Cookies : 3393

Back to top Go down

The Great Discussion (Salt Brigade Edition) - Charge + JD Empty Re: The Great Discussion (Salt Brigade Edition) - Charge + JD

Post by Jynx Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:02 pm

Sometimes OP cards are over shadowed by more OP cards. Remember before the release of cyber dragon, Vampire Lord was limit one.
Jynx
Jynx

Cookies : 3418

Back to top Go down

The Great Discussion (Salt Brigade Edition) - Charge + JD Empty Re: The Great Discussion (Salt Brigade Edition) - Charge + JD

Post by #assassin Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:19 pm

Jynx wrote:Sometimes OP cards are over shadowed by more OP cards.  Remember before the release of cyber dragon, Vampire Lord was limit one.

Regardless, they're still OP.

#assassin
#assassin
King of the Forum
King of the Forum

Cookies : 4070

http://spamheaven.cakeforum.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top